What does Reiki feel like?
I had a Reiki treatment yesterday, which prompted me to write about what Reiki feels like. A Reiki practitioner is like a conduit, channeling Reiki to the client. Reiki goes where it is most needed. Sometimes people feel nothing at all, or they may experience a variety of sensations. You might have a series of treatments and have a different experience every time.
Giving a treatment, people have described to me sensations such as:
- Like a magnet; a pulling sensation
- A feeling of lightness, floating, being lifted up
- Drifting in and out of sleep, an almost trance like state
- Seeing colours and images
- Deep relaxation
- Legs feeling as if they were in warm water
- Feelings of heat
Receiving a treatment, I have felt:
- Warmth and cold not from the practitioner’s hands, a feeling at the surface of my body
- Extra hands
- My usual inner dialogue ceasing completely
- Deep calm
- Light headed
- A sensation of sinking deep into the treatment table
Whatever you feel during or after a treatment, healing will have occurred at some level. Some people sleep better after a treatment, others may have vivid dreams.
Having had a Reiki treatment, last night I had a very refreshing sleep and today I feel a sense of calm and wellbeing. I sometimes have uncomfortably vivid dreams and my sleep last night seemed dreamless. I give myself regular self-treatments, but receiving Reiki from someone else allows me to give myself totally to the experience. Thank you Clara!